Happy Birthday Grace!

Happy Birthday Grace!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

It is hard to stay positive when surrounded by people who are just doing their job.  Like it is anywhere, some of the nurses and doctors seem sincere in their caring but others are obviously not and it is SO frustrating.  I have a hard time sometimes holding my tongue :)  Imagine that!  I just need to remember that they each have lives outside of here and I have no idea what they are going through either...

Danny sat up on the edge of the bed today for a few minutes which is the first time he has sat up without a chair or the bed supporting him.  He got really light headed...said he feels like he got his bum handed to him today. (paraphrased)  He is getting more coordinated everyday with his movements and the breathing without the vent is going well.  Saturday is still the plan for the speaking valve.  We both just want out of this place and somewhere closer to home.  We are ready to get back to life and closer to the people we love.

I'll start posting more pics.  I told Danny today that just because this is going on, it is still our life and we should have memories of it.  There have been a lot of positives in this experience too and Danny and I have each grown so much.  This has definitely changed our perception of life, what's important, and our love for each other and the kids.

2 comments:

  1. Its so comforting to know that you are there with him and taking care of him. I'm so glad to hear he is progressing! I have looked up to him so much in the last few weeks with his heart and awesome determination. Tell him I love him and wish I was there. Justin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture and all the updates. Thank you!!! You both continue to amaze me so much! I wish I could come see him and hope you get to move closer to home soon as well. Thanks again for all your doing for Danny. Tell him Hi, and that we are thinking and praying for you guys everyday. Love, Robyn.

    ReplyDelete