Happy Birthday Grace!

Happy Birthday Grace!

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Danny has started a regular rehab schedule each day and this has been his first day off :)  He is very excited and motivated as are his therapists.  They are all very optimistic about his potential.  He gains more control of his muscles each day.  Still no movement below the waist but we are still optimistic as each day is better than the last :)  Danny still gets pretty dizzy with quick movements but with some adjustments to his blood pressure medications to help keep it higher he is doing well.  Dealing with Danny's injury on top of the narcolepsy has been a learning experience for the staff here.  He no longer has any infections, fevers, or pneumonia.  We are hoping the trach will be removed tomorrow and the Foley by the end of the week.  No more tubes and wires!!

We went to church today and wedding ring shopping (all here at the hospital).  We are getting married here at the hospital on Saturday.  It has been so nice to be close to Danny's family now and have that support.  We had the kids here with us this weekend and it was awesome.  This experience has sure helped Danny and I realize what things in life are truly important.  And although the experience at the hospital in Meridian was not very positive, we did learn to trust each other and we did meet some amazing people.  I believe that Danny and I needed that time alone to understand each other.

I also added some new pictures to the picture page today.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear Danny is doing so much better I can't wait for the day you come home. Congradulations on your up coming marriage your deserve to be happy I love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What your getting married!!!! That is so cool I am so happy for you guys I wish I could be there!!!! Well ray ray we will see you on Thursday and Danny I miss your face and our long talks the kids also miss you Hanna almost came to tears when she seen the pics of you so just know you have touched her small life love and miss you nikki oler

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checking up on you. Glad to hear that decannulation is near. It sounds like you are definitely in the rehab phase. I'm happy that things are going well for both of you. Congrats on the wedding plans.
    Conrad Speech Therapist

    ReplyDelete