Happy Birthday Grace!

Happy Birthday Grace!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. Yesterday was definitely a roller coaster. Danny still has a lot of lung secretions. They turned the ventilator off yesterday for 1 minute to see how well he can breath on his own. While his breathing seems to be fine, he cannot keep his oxygen levels up on his own so they will do the same test again today. The goal right now is to get his lungs to heal/clear up so they can turn off the ventilator. After the ventilator is turned off then we will wait for them to clear up enough that they can take the trach out. He needs the trach until his lungs are clear enough that they don't have to suction them out for him.

He was awake a lot yesterday and his memory loss seems to have improved substantially. I asked him if he remembers what is going on and he mouthed "DUH!" He is back and definitely still Danny :) He is mouthing a lot of words and obviously super frustrated cause I am not a good lip reader. This will teach us a lot of patience with each other. He should be able to talk to us some once the ventilator is shut off and they show him how to plug the trach so he can force the air past his vocal cords.

I talked the nurses into sitting him up a little more and untying his wrists after making him promise repeatedly that he wouldn't pull on the tubes and neck collar. He did as he promised.
He didn't have the same full range of motion in his arms as he had on Friday when they had to restrain his arms but I am hoping that is just because he has been unable to use them.

Again, I know you are all eager to hear updates on Danny, and I apologize for being slow to post. It is hard to fit in work, kids, and so many trips to Pocatello.

Today will be a better day.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting I an see him bein a smartass! Oh I miss him and you to rayray I'm glad to hear he is awake finally. That induced sleep sucks!:) hey when u come back to rigby come over k oh and if Lynn wants to he can stay here this weekend:) love ya nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Danny!! Its Nikki...I know you know alot of Nikki's but this is your sister Nicole's friend...Remember me now :) I hope you are doing well and will soon be your smartass self again. Miss your face and talkin to ya. Congrats to both of you on the baby. That is awesome...But then again I am kinda worried about another Danny runnin around :) just kiddin. Get well Soon sunshine. I will come and visit soon as your allowed visitors. Nicole is coming to see you today. She has been keeping me updated about you and told me initially about what happened. If you need something either of you let me know I will do what I can. Love ya friend. Keep getting better and don't give the docs and nurses too much hell. *Nikki Sorenson*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danny and Radine, congrats on the new little one. Although we didn't get to visit much, we were sad our nice neighbors move. Danny, miss seeing you work on your lawn and deck outside. I had kind of gotten used to seeing you doing your work around your home and it was fun to stop and chat with you. Radine, strange as it sounds, I also miss your comings and goings. I guess you get accustomed to your neighbors coming and going to their home. It's so sad not to see your lights on over there at night. Seems so empty now. We really hope that you get better quickly Danny, and that you are able to enjoy your new little one when the time comes. We will keep both of you in our prayers, and hope that you find comfort and strength. Thanks for the blog Radine. You are amazing to find the time at all to do this with all you have going on. What love that shows to Danny. It's so touching to read how you are both doing. Love, your old Burton neighbor to the south, Steffanie Jensen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw Nicole's post online and read the blog. I sure hope things improve for you quickly. It can't be fun being strapped to a bed with no real ability to communicate. Hang in there Danny and keep a positive attitude. We'll say a prayer for you and your family.
    Shane Walker

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danny; So sorry about your accident. I hope everyday is better and better. You have to get better for that new little one! That's so exciting! Our love and prayers are with you daily!! Thank you Radine for keeping us posted on Danny's condition.

    Love you lots Danny ! Steve and May Fran

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Raydene for all the updates. It helps so much hearing how Dan is doing from day to day because it's so hard not to be there with him everyday. We're so grateful that you are. I know Danny will love knowing that you have been with him every minute you have. I can't wait to actually come see him and have him know we are there. It's so hard knowing he is struggling, but so comforting knowing that he is so strong and will be able to overcome this and be even stronger for your guys family. Let him know that I'm thinking about him and praying for him constantly and can't wait to see him again soon. Much love, Robyn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daniel,
    I hope you can suck it up and be ready to go fishing by memorial day. : ) I'll always be here for ya dude. I really enjoyed grandmas cookies the other day when you stopped by. Get back to me if you need anything at all. I will be there to see you as soon as you are ready. Stay strong.
    Russ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are praying for you Danny! Bill & Denese Hirschi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Raydene you have been so amazing. Thanks for all you do and all the love and support. I am grateful Danny has you there for him. Please tell him we love him and continue to pray for him. We are coming to see him this weekend.

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete